Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Addie's Ouchie

Our poor girl had her first trip to the ER here in Norway.  Last week she tripped over Jon's foot and went head first into our stairs.  There was quite a bit of blood and I realized then that I do not do well when my kids are bleeding.  I gave her a paper towel to stop the bleeding and sent her with her Dad to the ER.  The put the first stitch in without any numbing and she didn't even flinch, the doctor was very impressed.  When they realized they would have to do more they gave her shots to numb her up.  I think the shots were the most traumatic part. 
The stairs that Addie head butted.
 Three stitches solved the problem.  They are out now and she is doing much better.  

I am so proud of my sweet girl and how brave she was when she had to get stitched back up.  Hopefully we won't have to try out any more of Norway's emergency medical care.  Thankfully they have come through for us when we have needed. them.

No comments:

Post a Comment