Thursday, May 22, 2014

Souvenirs in a Graveyard

We had hoped to go by the American cemetery that was just outside of Saint James, but by the time we got there it was closed.  We decided to drive around a little bit and we found another cemetery. 

This was the view from the top of the hill, such a peaceful place.


We noticed several churches that had the rooster on the top.  



This sign basically says that the grave has been abandoned and they are trying to find the family that it belongs to.


The metal crosses here was just gorgeous.  They were ornate and rusty and beautiful.


Many of the graves were adorned with these ceramic flowers.  I love their beauty and practicality.






This stone was so pretty.  I loved how the graves were covered with little signs and statues. 


Unfortunately this is where our trip ended.  We went back to the house that night and went to sleep and I woke up sick the next morning.  The rest of the gang was going to leave me at the house with Malachi and continue on with our planned itinerary (a day at Normandy Beach), but I wasn't confident in my ability to care for Malachi on my own so we packed up the car and headed home.  The day ended up being rather cold and rainy so no one felt too cheated from our original plan.  One day I will get to go to Normandy Beach.  I ended up going to the ER at the American Hospital and they got me all fixed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment