Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grocery Shopping Fun

When Ben was a baby I would dream about the day when I didn't have to carry him, or take up valuable space in the cart. I thought about how fun it would be for Addie and Ben to ride in the race car cart together. When will I learn that motherhood never really gets easier, the challenges just change. Addie and Ben both love riding in the race car cart, but just not together. Most trips end up with Ben ripping out chunks of Addie's hair, biting her or trying to climb out over her. Addie gives as good as she gets, teasing Ben, not sharing snacks, or pushing him. I get quite a few dirty looks and a lot of knowing smiles. I love my little shoppers, but I definitely appreciate the times I am able to go get groceries by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I'm not the only one!! Claire has to sit up front with me and Andy is strapped into the car in the front... I have to back the cart in backwards at the check out so that he doesn't help himself to impulse purchases. Who knew grocery shopping could be so hard?? You'll have to let us know how it works with THREE! :)

    ReplyDelete