Sunday, August 3, 2014

Last Day in London

Laura, Malachi and I had a couple of hours in London before Laura needed to head to the airport and Malachi and I had to catch the train.  We got up and had breakfast at the hotel and then headed over to Buckingham Palace.  It was a beautiful morning and the walk from Green Park station was perfect.  Then we grabbed coffee and walked back through the park.  

There were a couple of guys cleaning the lights.  It is always amazing to me to see how much work goes into maintaining these amazing places.

The guards out front are always very impressive looking.


The side gate of the palace with Laura.  Right now you can buy tickets to tour the palace, if we had had just a few more hours we would have tried to make it in there.  


Our next stop was Harrods.  We were outside just before opening and we had a chance to look at the window displays.  The security guard came to unlock the doors and we just happened to be at the first door that was unlocked and we were the first people in the store.  It was a little surreal to be alone in the store.  

We didn't really know where to begin so we walked through the jewelry department, then we went up to the Disney store at Harrods.  I felt bad enjoying this area so much when I knew how much my kids would have fun there.  This picture of me with Anna made me the coolest mom ever.  I was so excited to find a Frozen lunch box for Addison.


The elevators were so cool, they had chandeliers, copper walls and they still had their original floor choice mechanism. 


In the toy section they had a display of Ben Ten, my Bennett, who goes by Ben Ben, loves Ben Ten.  


And here we are, the one and only picture of the three of us from this weekend.  From here we went back to the hotel and grabbed our things and then it was time to take Laura to the Underground to get to Heathrow.  


It was an amazing weekend and I am so thankful for all the fun we had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment