Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Into the City to Meet a Friend

Today Addie got to ride the school bus for the first time, and so did Ben, Garrett, and I .  The school likes for parents to ride the first time so kids know where to get on and off the bus.  The boys and I took this opportunity to spend the day in the city.  We rode the bus to Addie's school and then we took the T-bane (subway) into the city.  I was a little worried about traveling around the city with the boys in the double stroller.
 The boys were so good on the T-bane.  They sat in their seats and ate pretzels and looked out the windows.  I was so proud of them.  We got off the subway and headed to our friends' house.  We had a wonderful morning snacking and talking and drinking tea.
 When it was time to go Ben decided to try out our friends' ear muffs.  He is such a silly little boy.
 We hit the streets with our friend, another expat who has been here for a couple of months, and explored her neighborhood a little.  We walked by this fish market and stopped to let the boys see all the fish.
 While we were walking around the boys fell asleep, sound asleep.
 The sad part is we were on our way to the playground to let them play.  We decided to just keep walking and run a few more errands.  My friend showed me a great health food store, the first one I have seen here.  They had a lot of neat organic items and bulk items.  I am slowly learning my way around different parts of the city.
 From the city we took the T-bane back to our part of town, took the stroller through the grocery store to pick up a few things and headed to Addie's school to catch the bus home with her.  When we got home Garrett slipped and fell on the ice.  He was so pitiful sitting on the ground, between the ice, the stiff boots and the bulky snowsuit he was trapped.  Of course I stopped and took a picture of him and then helped him up.  This black ice is going to take some getting used to.

I was so worried about how this day would go, but with all of my preparation it was great.  I did get up at 6 AM to make sure that everything was ready to go.  Jon now thinks that I should get up at 6 AM everyday, we will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment